Who can resist the beautiful combination of peanut butter and chocolate? I know I can't! That's why it was crucial
, for the sake of my hips butt and thighs, that I come up with a healthy...healthier...way to consume this irresistible duo. Below you will find a mouthwatering, yet EASY recipe to satisfy your need (yes, I just said need!) for this classic combo.
- 1 1/4 C. All Purpose Flour
- 1 C. White Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 C. Light Brown Sugar (or equivalent substitute-I used 1C. of Splenda Brown Sugar)
- 1 C. All Natural Creamy Peanut Butter (I like Jif because it is also low in sodium)
- 1/2 C. Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 C. Milk
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 3 Eggs
- 1 C. Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9in x 13in baking pan with cooking spray.
Using an electric mixer, combine both types of flour, brown sugar, peanut butter, and butter. Mix well. Remove 1 cup of the mixture and set aside.
Mix in the baking powder, baking soda, milk and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time and mixing well in between.
Pour the batter into the baking pan. Sprinkle the top with the reserved flour mixture and the chocolate chips. Bake 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
There it is in all it's glory! ;-) Now tell me, what type of beverage do you think would be PERFECT with this tasty little treat?
**FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES CLICK HERE**